Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
We celebrated Juliet’s second birthday the weekend after her birthday. It was a perfect Saturday for having a party outdoors! It was beautiful. We kept it small and invited 2 families from church (the Moore’s and the Wright’s) and neighbors across the street (the Campbell’s) all with kids around Juliet’s age. The theme was from the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Target had cute invitations, plates and napkins and I took it from there.
The cake was from Publix. I took them an invitation and asked them to match the colors. It was yummy!
The jar was filled with Skittles and everyone scooped them into their buckets to take home.
Favors: Each of the polka-dot buckets had multi colored stickers, bug silly bands tied to them (see pic below), and a bouncing butterfly (b/c the caterpillar turns into a butterfly at the end of the story).
The mailbox marked the party house and a wreath, I made at Christmas, was perfect for the party too!
We served hot dogs (with all the fixins’), baked beans and potato salad. Along with cake and ice cream, of course.
We opened the double doors to the back porch and everyone enjoyed the sunshine and Juliet’s new swing set! Everyone had so much fun and didn’t want to stop for cake and ice cream!
We put Lucy in our neighbor’s back yard and she couldn’t stand not being part of the party and dug under the fence!!
Blowing out her candle…she’s a pro!
Present time!! Shepherd was a great assistant!
Everyone was leaving, but Juliet was serious about her Skittles!
The girls at her party: Kylie, Juliet and Lily.
After a great nap, we played with all her new goodies!
It was a wonderful day!!
We had a great Thanksgiving in Tallahassee with Grandma and Papa and all the crew minus one (Cole). We met new family members!! (Viv, Elijah, Caleb, Savannah, Luke) and a future family member! (Kyle)
Leigh and Rachel dressed the tables
**Since I am so behind, I’m just trying to get the information out here! Thanks to Audra for the hint about Windows Live Writer; I just did this post in less than 5 minutes!!!! Awesome
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
- When she sees anything Christmas related, she says, "Ho, ho, Kimmy trees!"
- The other day we were laying down for a nap and she was restless. I told her she needed to rest because it was church night. I reminded her that Shepherd would be there. And she responded, "Who else, Mama? Who else?" I would name a few more people and she would say, "who else?" Finally, I said that was enough and we needed to stop talking. We bedded down and she whispered, "Who else, Mama? Who else?"
- She has a new love for Sesame Street characters even though we don't watch it. She's found her love through a few books we have. Right now she loves a Thanksgiving book about Cookie Monster. We read it multiple times every day. She is thrilled about Big Bird.
- When the door bell rings or she hears the door open she says, "Who's dat?"
- The first sentence in the Curious George book is "this is George..." Today she opened the book and said, "This is George!"
- We ran out of toilet paper in the bathroom and she went and got some out all by herself! It was under the counter and in the packing too.
- If you ask her what time it is she says, "Nine-a cock." It's always nine-a cock.
- If she is comfortable with a place, such as the church building or WM, she is a ham and a show-off. But if she is somewhere that she's not familiar with, she's shy. She's comfortable with certain parts of the library and the post office.
- We pulled into the Publix parking lot and she said, "Cookie!"
- She tells us to go faster in the car and run when we push her in the buggy.
- She can buckle herself into her carseat. 2 buckles and a tightening strap.
- She's telling us, "stop that!" Funny, but we're going to have to stop laughing.
- She is singing with us now! Jesus Loves Me is her favorite song to sing. She also requests "ibby-siba" (itsy-bitsy spider) and "hipopas" for the Hippopotamus song.
- She loves to "call" Deda. She says, "Hi Deda! Wha-cha doin'? fine. fine. Walmart, diapers, uh-huh. uh-huh. Ok. bye-bye Deda." She hugs and kisses the phone. Of course on real conversations she says nothing.
- For the first time she said she was getting milk and cottage cheese and bread at WM instead of diapers.
- She eats a ton of tomatoes dipped in ranch.
- Chalky-milk = chocolate milk
- She is into imaginative play! She told me she was hungry in the car one day. So I opened a bag of imaginary chips and she was thrilled! I gave her one at a time and I had to have some too!
- She's sleeping with a lot of stuffed animals now. They play with us a lot too. Baby Ellen helps put the puzzle pieces in. Juliet will hold Ellen's hand in her hand and put the piece of the puzzle in. Puppy rode with us to the library and on the way she showed Puppy everything! From the ducks, to the "pool", to the dump truck.