Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy 30th Leigh!


I have been dying to blog about this for months! I’ve been planning a surprise birthday party for my sister, Leigh. Friday was the big day and it went really well. Even better than I expected.

So many dear friends assisted in the big day. Big shout outs to:

Robyn: conspirator from the beginning, photographer, chauffer and helping set up

Marie: for coming from Arizona (with a most wonderful Will) and helping set up

Rebekah: for coming from Arkansas for the big celebration

Marlea & David: for being in on the plan to keep Leigh in the dark & what a success it was!

Michelle: for keeping Leigh away from her house Friday

Emily: for picking up Leigh and driving her around town

Justin: for helping out every weekend for a month & taking the brunt of Leigh’s pre-party rath (ha)!

Mama & Daddy: for your secrecy, support and assistance!

I left the picture taking responsibilities to Robyn. She has great talent, so here is a teaser of the party pictures http://vernonandrobyn.blogspot.com/2007/09/leighs-30th-birthday-party.html

4 comments:

Audra Laney said...

Hilary- WOW! I've always known you had talent, but I never knew it was this powerful! The decor was beautiful. It looks like it came straight out of a magazine, professionally done. Did you do the flower arrangements yourself? If so, you'll have to teach me. I stink at flowers. :)

Leigh is such a sweet person and is definitely a lucky, lucky sister! Congrats on pulling it all off so well!

Chef Leigh said...

I am still in shock! You did a fantabulous job--and that's a gross understatement. i have a feeling i'll be still figuring out tell-tale signs months from now. The fun never quits! :)

Robyn said...

CUTE pic of sweet sisters!

Anonymous said...

No WAY!!!!! I totally went to college with Robyn! I went to her blog to see the pictures from your sister's party and enjoyed looking at them so much I scrolled down to read more and.......oh my gosh I know her! What a small world. Of course, she will have no idea who Cindy Mills is but she may remember Cindy Davis. :) Looks like it was a great party. You should be a party planner....or a WEDDING planner!