Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our Patch of Earth


This past weekend we added some plants to the garden! We visited our local Feed & Seed and Miss Mary [pronounced May-ree] assisted us. She was great! Miss Mary-ree gave us good advice and answered our questions. She gave us planting guides for our area & an almanac. The Feed & Seed is so old fashioned. All the seeds were in wooden bins that had picture of the vegetables from years gone by.

After the organic fertilizer was added, the planting began! We planted tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, bell pepper, onion, corn, basil, thyme and mint (herbs in pots). At the beginning of April we'll plant okra and purple hull peas. We are so excited and can't wait to see the results!



Lucy likes to help too!

Leigh & I planting the onions...


Justin waters our patch of earth.

2 comments:

Audra Laney said...

Wow! You guys are so dedicated! I can't wait to see all the stuff that grows! You'll be eating fresh veggies with every meal!

Lerra said...

I am impressed! We have red clay where we live so it's a huge ordeal to plant anything. {Ok really that's just my excuse because I'm too lazy to try gardening. ;-)}