Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Infinity and Beyond @ 27 weeks

Last week I was fortunate enough to hear Captain James Lovell speak at Faulkner University's Benefit Dinner. He was an astronaut on Apollo 8 and 13. Of course, Apollo 13 is immortalized in a movie and Captain Lovell is played by Tom Hanks. His story is amazing and Juliet totally enjoyed it! She couldn't keep still (it might have had to do with the sugar in the Sprite and the coffee I ingested). Anywho, Captain Lovell gave a very calm recital of his doomed trip to the moon. He painted a very calm picture. He said that when he realized the oxygen was escaping from the tank into space, he felt the sinking feeling in his stomach. He said, "you know when you feel like you have a piece of lead going down your stomach?" What??? No I cannot relate! One, I have never been in a life-or-death situation (and I never want to be). Second, you were in SPACE!!! Space alone would do it for me! Upon reflection, if he had given a scary gloom and doom speech, it probably wouldn't have been an uplifting or enjoyable evening. I am really glad that I was able to hear this part of America's space history!

27 weeks has brought on a new pain....walking! So fun. It's not too bad, but I've got to get warmed up before I can walk normally. I skipped Jazzercise because I didn't know how it the world I would dance if I could barely walk. I'm headed back tomorrow in hopes that exercise works it out.


2 comments:

The Adventures of Baby Bond said...

You look soo cute! Sorry about the new discomfort :(

Roxy Wishum said...

I wish I could have heard the presentation. Sounds like you may be having an "adventurous" child?