Monday, December 22, 2008

Curtains were hung...

...on the window with care in hopes that Juliet soon would be here.

We checked off one more "to do" off the list this weekend, curtains. Mama graciously agreed to sew curtains a few weekends ago and did a great job! Leigh, Justin (and me) put the curtains up. (and me) is in parenthesis because I'm not much as an assistant these days. I was a great supervisor and used the iron quite efficiently. The curtains turned out great!


Almost all the items have been checked off the list. I still need to get a lamp shade, 7 gold frames and another pack-n-play sheet. The frames will hold baby pictures of Juliet's great-grandparents, grandparents, parents and aunts. It's going to be super cute! This collage will hang over the dresser/changing table. Finding frames at this time of year is not easy. Everyone is sold out. I found one, one at Hobby Lobby. How crazy is that?

Headed to the doc this afternoon: 3 centimeters dilated, 75% effaced, minus one station. The only change is that Juliet has dropped LOW.
I don't see my side profile often and saw it yesterday in a huge mirror in a bathroom and I was like, wow, it's really big...yikes. Come on out, Juliet!
39 weeks

6 comments:

Audra Laney said...

1. Bless your sweet soul!! You look so adorably pregnant, but I know you're ready to have your body back to yourself!

2. Her room is PRECIOUS!The crib, curtains, and armoire go together so well. Those curtains--wow--looove them!

3. I wanna see the other side of the room w/ the changing station so I can put it together in my head.

4. After Juliet is born, please tell us the minute you decide you're up for guests. We're heading over!

Kiera said...

I love her room. You did great with it! I know you can't wait to actually use it! You're almost there. You look adorable and I know you're going to do great. We are praying for yall! Also, I saw some cute gold frames at Kirklands on sale for $5! (regular $15) Just thought I would let you know that. Can't wait to see pictures of that sweet baby girl!!

Lerra said...

Those curtains are so precious! The whole room looks great.

JULIET, COME ON DOWN!!!!

P.S. Tell her she is in trouble for messing up my guesstimate!! :-)

Kacie said...

Guessing no news on here means no news to share?? :)

Hope everything is going well and that Juliet decides to make her appearance soon!

Roxy Wishum said...

Sorry that Terry and I did not get to perform our "birthing ritual" yesterday. Tonight is the time I predicted so eat dinner early. The room looks great, of course. Is your counter going back up? That can't be good.

Anonymous said...

Hil, you are so beautiful! I would consider you very ready... Not sure if anyone ever has all the list checked off. I'm still routing for Thursday being the day, but for your comfort, it's ok if she arrives sooner. The nursery is amazing! I wish I could be there to give you lots of hugs. Your birth story may or may not be fantastic while you're going through it, but as you bond with Juliet, your pregnancy and birth become so much more precious. Give Justin a reassuring hug from me, and tell him everything will be great.