Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Power Tool Pumpkin Carving

With our pumpkin from Burt's ready to be carved, we set up shop in the front yard for Juliet's first pumpkin carving experience. It looked promising, but Juliet was asleep. We parked her out front and took pictures so she would remember. I began stabbing the pumpkin and realized this booger was thick. Justin very casually mentioned he had some power tools. Well I took him up on the offer. He had that pumpkin popped open in no time! Most excellent. I began digging out the seeds when little one decided she wanted to participate after all...after she ate. So Justin takes over and I go in to wash. Juliet and I set up in the lawn chair in the front yard and a few minutes later, she is a new little lady. Justin nor I had any sketches or even ideas for the jack-o-lantern. Justin said he would pre-drill the eye holes and with that, the pumpkin evolved. The easiest pumpkin we've ever carved (especially for me since I watched)! It turned out super!!







A mini photo shoot evolved too...not once could I get her and the camera to cooperate in a shot with her looking at me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your "Sputnick"-type (sp?)jack-o-lantern! But mostly I love all the shots of Miss Juliet!!! Looks like you all had a good time making a "first" memory! Way to use those power tools, Justin!
Luv, Deda/mama/mrs. deana